If you wish to become a Chartered Accountant in India and you are all set to register for CA articleship but don’t know how to go about it, we are here to help you.
In this post, we have shared everything that you need to know about articleship registration online, checking articleship registration status and various other things.
Registering for CA Articleship in India
- The first thing is to find a CA or CA firm which has a vacancy.
- When you have found one, inform about it to ICAI
- The next step is to fill CA Articleship Registration Forms- 102 and 103.
- These forms can be bought from any ICAI’s branch for Rs. 50 or can be downloaded online by sending a DD of Rs.50 to ICAI along with submitting the forms.
Know About Form 102 for Articleship
If you are wondering how to fill form 102 for articleship then here is everything you need to know:
- Also known as Deed of Articles, this forms the main contract between the principal and yourself.
- In this contract, you make a promise to serve the Principal with loyalty. Likewise, Principal also promises to instruct you to the best of his knowledge, to give you reasonable chances to work and acquire accountancy skills.
- In case you or your Principal fail to keep up the obligations as per the contract then it will be considered as breach of contract.
Points to Keep in Mind While Filling Form 102
- You need stamp paper for articleship registration. Non judicial or special adhesive stamp paper can be used to execute the deed.
- Duration of deed execution is 3 years.
- Both the parties have to sign the deed.
- Original copy of deed lies with the Principal and you keep the duplicate copy.
- You are not required to send Form 102 to ICAI until and unless there is long gap in registration from date of joining of articleship.
Know About Form 103 for Articleship
- This is the registration form for articleship.
- There are two schemes- Direct Entry or Foundation Route and you must mention under which scheme you are having yourself registered.
- You will need to fill in your details.
- Your Principal should fill in his or her details.
- The form has to filled in triplicate copies- one for you, another for principal and third one to be submitted to ICAI within duration of 30 days from commencement of articleship along with other documents.
Documents to be sent along with Form 103
Here are the list of documents to be sent along with the form:
- Copy of Secondary or Higher School certificate
- Copy of certificate issued on completion of ICITSS i.e. Integrated Course on Information Technology and Soft Skills
- Copy of CA intermediate Group I or II or both marksheet
All these copies have to be attested by your Principal.
Some additional documents are also needed:
- In case of foreign national, attested copy of student visa or study permit from authorities to know duration of CA course.
- Attested copy of graduation or PG marksheet or intermediate exam statement of ICAIA or ICSI by CA or gazette officer or college principal.
- CA articleship registration fees to be submitted in form of DD or Banker’s Cheque in name of “Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India” payable at Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata as may be the case.
- In case of any other engagements during articleship, form 112 needs to be filled to seek permission from ICAI for such engagements.
Student Identity Card
- There is an identity card in Form 103 which also needs to be duly filled by the candidate along with affixing latest passport size photograph on it.
- Principal and candidate, both must sign at designated places on it.
- This card is also required to be submitted with Form 103 mandatorily.
- This card is returned by ICAI along with registration letter.
- Validity of this ID card is for 3 years.
Registration Fees for Articleship
Articleship Registration Fee is Rs. 2000. This amount is to be paid at the time or articleship registration or to be send with form 103 in form of DD or banker’s cheque
Late Fee for Articleship
Students are required to submit Form 103 along with the above mentioned documents within 30 days of commencement of articleship. But in case they are unable to do so then they have to send a hand written application stating the reason for delay. This is called Condonation of Delay and must be signed by the Principal and also article assistant.
Here is the late fee required to be submitted:
- 30 days beyond specified time, Rs.100 is the late fee.
- 31 to 180 days beyond specified time, Rs. 300 is the late fee.
- Beyond 181 days, Rs. 1000 is the late fee.
Top File Download:
- icai registration completion sign
- how to register for ca articleship
- how to register for articleship online
- how to register for articleship ca online
- how to register articleship in online
- how to fill articleship form 103 online
- how to fill articleship form 103 icai
- how to do articleship registration
- filing articleship form
- documents required for ca articleship registration