List of Documents Required for Central Excise Registration

Documents Required for Central Excise Registration

  1.  PAN card copy of the company/firm.
  2.   Address Proof of Business Premises of the company/firm (Electricity Bill / Phone Bill / Gas Bill).
  3.  Ground plan of factory (which should also provide description of boundaries of premises to be registered).
  4.  Details of Property Holding Rights of the registrant (if not self owned then Rent Agreement).
  5.  If Business Premises and Head Office of the company is different then Address Proof of Head Office also.
  6.  PAN card copy of authorized signatory.
  7.  Details of all banks with Bank Statement of last 2 months.
  8.  Certificates of
  • Customs Registration No.(BIN)
  • Import Export Code
  • State Sales Tax No.
  • CST No.
  • Company Index No.
  1.  PAN Card and Address proof of all the directors/partners.
  2. Memorandum and Articles of Association/Partnership deed
  3.  General power of attorney (in case application is signed by authorized agent).
  4. List of Major Excisable goods to be Manufacture / Trade.
  5. List of Major Excisable goods used in Manufacture / Trade.
  6.  All Documents should be self attested by authorized signatory.

Note to be considered:-

Submit the printed form and printed acknowledgement along with requisite documents (self attested) to the excise authorities.

Top File Download:

10 thoughts on “List of Documents Required for Central Excise Registration

  1. Does an individual obtaining bidis from labourers and selling the same in the market after packaging and labeling require Central Excise Registration. If yes, please provide the procedure and list of documents required in this regard together with fess and expenses incurred in this regard.

  2. Dear Sir,

    If “A Pvt Ltd” is a wholly owned subsidiary of “B Pvt Ltd”, running a factory which is owned by “B Pvt Ltd” wants to get itself registered in Excise.

    “B Pvt Ltd” has given NOC to “A Pvt Ltd” for getting Excise Registration for the premises in addition to electricity bill. But Excise Inspector is asking for a proper Rent Agreement. I don;t know why he is asking for the same.

    Can you please guide if his justification is correct in asking Rent Agreement for a wholly owned subsidiary? and on what ground?

    • 7) Document to establish possession of the premises can be any document which
      establishes that the applicant is in possession of the premises required to be registered such as
      proof of ownership, lease or rent agreement, allotment letter from the Government, no
      objection certificate (NOC) from the landlord. Any of the following documents shall be
      submitted to establish identity, viz. PAN card, Ration Card, Passport, Voter I-card, Aadhar
      Card, Driving licence, or any other Photo-identity card issued by the Central Government,
      State Government or PSU.

  3. sir,
    please provide us circular for maintain excise registers in excel format.
    P.K sharma

  4. as regards registration in central excise , there in no fees,.
    Each one can apply on line for excise registration , through aces. gov in,
    after filling require detail submit form and take print out of it.
    Submit this application with required documents in your Division office.


  5. Well, the list that you shared with us is much helpful and valuable for us.Great Article ,Thanlyou for sharing with us.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *