To become a Chartered Accountant, a CA student has to undergo three years of CA Articleship. Out of three year, 2 years of articleship are compulsory to be served by a CA in practice and third year, CA student can either continue with the training or enroll for training under a CA in employment.
This post unveils everything about CA articleship which includes CA articleship registration fees, stamp paper for articleship registration and process of articleship registration online.
CA Articleship Registration Forms – Fees, Status
- When you register for articleship, CA Articleship registration fees of Rs.2,000 has to be paid but if you have already paid this fee when you registered for IPCC then you don’t need to pay it again.
- You can pay this fee through DD or banker’s cheque in the name of “Secretary, Institute of Chartered Accountant in India” payable at New Delhi/ Mumbai/ Kanpur/ Chennai/ Kolkatta.
- Once you have submitted CA Articleship Registration form, they are required to be processed by ICAI and you get a confirmation letter with the Identity Card.
- Due to increasing number of applicants every year, it might take a few months for process completion.
- On acceptance of registration, CA student and the CA under whom the student is registered receive the registration letter.
You can check your CA articleship registration status online. You can find your status by requesting your principal for their membership no. and check for the articles registered under him and if you name is there then your CA Articleship registration form is processed and your registration is confirmed.
How Can I Register for CA Articleship?
In order to register for articleship, you have to apply in a firm which offers CA articleship vacancy trainees. By filling CA articleship registration form under a Chartered Accountant, you will be registered and he will be your Principal. ICAI has limit on CAs for having a particular number of articles under them.
Forms for CA Articleship Registration
When you are registering for CA Articleship, you have to fill two forms- Form 102 and Form 103:
- You can buy these forms at ICAI’s regional offices or ICAI branch offices against a payment of Rs.50 only.
- You can also download them online:
For Form 102- https://resource.cdn.icai.org/7543st_f102.pdf
For Form 103: https://resource.cdn.icai.org/9059st_f103.pdf
We have shared these forms for reference purposes. In order to fill these forms, you have to purchase them, fill them and then deposit them to register yourself for the process.
Documents Required in Registration Process
Here are the list of documents that you must keep ready while filling CA Articleship Registration Forms:
- A DD for registration fees. Include Rs.50 extra if you have downloaded the forms online.
- Attested copy of IPCC exams marksheet
- Attested copy of Secondary or Higher School Certificate as DOB proof.
- Attested copy of completion of Orientation Program and ITT.
What is the Last Date of Registration?
CA Articleship Registration Form 2019 have to be submitted within 30 days calculating from the date when commencement of Articleship to ICAI took place.
We aim to provide answers to all the students who have a question in mind “How to become a CA in India” to make CA registration to CA final registration easier and simpler.
Other Related Articles Chartered Accountant
Interview Questions for CA Industrial Training
CA Articleship Interview Questions With Answers
Famous Chartered Accountants India
Chartered Accountant Salary in India
Courses to do after CA in India
CA Articleship Registration Form
Chartered Accountant Interview Questions for Freshers
How to Become a CA (Chartered Accountant) in India
How to Become a Chartered Accountant After 12th
How do you Register for CA Articleship