If you have received a demand notice from Income Tax Department then you must respond to it at the earliest. Whatever reasoning or points you wish you raise with the department, you must pen them down in your response letter which will be helpful in bringing clarity on the matter. Such letters are very much to the point and must be written in a formal manner. If you don’t know how to frame a letter to income tax department for demand notice then we are here to help you with the situation.
Given below is a sample letter to IT department for demand notice which you can customize and use to write your own.
Format for Response Letter to income tax department for demand notice
52 Gulmohar Street
The Income-Tax Officer,
Income Tax Department
Sub: Assessment Year 2016-17- Notice Under Section ABC
I request you to please refer to your notice under section ABC in context with assessment year 2016-17 in which it has been stated that a sum of INR 8450 is due on me as Income Tax.
In this context, I would like to put forward a few facts to bring more clarity in this matter:
- The total tax for assessment year 2016-17 was calculated to be INR 9000 and was paid well on time.
- I have already made an advance payment of my income tax for assessment year 2015-16, the copy of which has been enclosed with this letter.
Therefore, I request you to please go through these documents and drop the demand which has been wrongly raised by passing a rectification order for the same.
Thanking in anticipation.
- ITR for assessment year 2016-17
- Advance Payment of Tax receipt for assessment year 2016-17.
Check this: Know more about different types of income tax notices
Top File Download:
- letter to income tax department
- letter to tax department
- Wriying applicyion to income tax offiver
- response letter to income tax demand
- income tax letter
- specimen of a letter to income tax department for rectification
- letter to income tax officer
- authorization letter for itr notice
- draft of authorization letter for tax department
- your application is under processingawaiting confirmation from income tax department