Application Format of the Challan Correction from TAN to PAN

If you have made a mistake by submitting challan in TAN instead of PAN then you can always write an application to the taxation department for correcting this mistake. It is a simple letter which must include all the details concerning the challan and the mistake made during the submission of the money.

Here is the format for application of challan correction from TAN to PAN which you can use for creating a customized letter for yourself.

Application of the Challan Correction from TAN to PAN


Rita Ray

54, Alaknanda Apartments

New Delhi

Date: Aug 29, 2023


The Taxation Officer

Income Tax Department

New Delhi

Sub: Challan correction from TAN to PAN for AY 2023-24.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am writing this letter to bring to your notice that by mistake, the DDT was wrongly deposited under the TAN No. ABCD123 instead of the PAN No. ABCK1234 which means that the amount was deposited through challan no. 123 instead of challan no. 122.

Please find attached with this letter the copy of the challan for your reference. The challan mentioned above is unclaimed by assessee. Therefore, you are requested to kindly transfer the challan mentioned above from TAN No. ABCD123 to PAN No. ABCK1234 so that we can avail the requisite credit of the taxes.

Thanking you.


Rita Ray

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *