A legal contract between the landlord and the tenant is called a rental agreement. With the help of this agreement, the landlord gives a right or an authorization to the tenant to occupy this residential premise. This agreement contains the terms and conditions and the monthly rent the tenant has to pay to the landlord on a monthly basis. Usually there is an advance payment of 2 months or 3 months or 6 months which varies from city to city. This agreement is executed on a 100 Rs or 200 Rs or 500 Rs stamp paper. The rental agreement is different from the property sale agreement.
This rental agreement and lease agreement format can be used by office rent, house, Shop/Store, school, factory, flat, apartment, residential purpose and commercial space.
Download a professionally drafted rental agreement format acceptable in India. Download a free house rental agreement template in Microsoft Word and PDF Format. This form can be used for rental lease agreement of 11 months.
Indian Rental Agreement Format
This Rent agreement is hereby executed at ____________ on this ________ day of ___________ between:
________________ son of _________________ R/o ______________________ (hereinafter referred to as First party/landlord) this term would include his heirs, successors, legal representatives and assigns etc.
_________________ son of _________________, resident of _________________________________ (hereinafter called the tenant/Second party) of the other part, which expression shall mean and include his heirs, successors, legal representatives and assigns etc.
The premise is in the possession of the owner who is the first party with residential House of Flat No. _____________________________________ and he has agreed to let out the said flat as monthly rent basis to the second party /tenant
NOW THIS AGREEMENT WITNESSETH AS UNDER: –
1. The monthly rental of the agreed premises is agreed and fixed at Rs___________/-(Rupees) per month which does not include water, electricity and other incidental charges.
2. This rental period is effective from 1st on the agreed month till 11 months. 1st day of _______________
3. The tenant should deposit a sum of Rs. ____________/- (Rupees __________ only) as the security amount, which will be refunded /adjusted at the time of vacating the said premises.
4. The tenant should use the premise for residential purpose only and not for commercial purpose.
5. The tenant has no rights given to sub-let or art with a certain portion of the premise to any person.
6. In case the tenant fails to pay rent for two months or more, then the land lord can ask the tenant to vacate the premise.
7. The tenant has to pay the electricity bills month on month on his own responsibility and this amount is not included in the monthly rental ___________.
8. The tenant has to maintain the rental premise properly and keep all the fittings and fixtures that the second party shall not damage the fittings and fixtures and maintain them properly. In case there is any damage, he has to bear the repair charges himself.
9. The rented premise should be maintained the way it has been let out to him. He cannot make any construction or alterations to the residential premise without the permission of the landlord.
10. The landlord or any authorized person on his behalf has a right to inspect the rented residential premise any time at a mutually convenient time.
11. In case the tenant decides to vacate the premise upon completion of the tenancy period then both the parties (landlord and tenant) should serve one month notice to each other.
12. Whatever terms and conditions are mentioned in the rental agreement is abiding to both the parties and these terms and conditions are final. These agreed conditions are final and irrevocable.
This agreement is signed and agreed by both the parties on this day, date, month and year in the presence of witnesses at _____________.
1- FIRST PARTY
2- SECOND PARTY