In case the IRS has assessed penalties against you because you have failed to pay the federal taxes or you have failed in reporting your income or you have paid them late then you have a golden opportunity to request the IRS to forgive these penalties. If your abatement is successful then you are not required to pay any penalties. As these penalties are quite high, hence it is always a great advantage to request abatement. Learn to write impressive and effective IRS abatement request letter which can help you win the waive-off. There are very few reasons which can help you win the waive-off:
- Civil disturbance
- Serious illness of you or a family member
- Death of a family member
- Inability to pay despite using ordinary care in business operations
- Reasons beyond control because of which you were unable to determine tax
- Other reasons despite the fact that your were using ordinary business care
- Reasonable reliance on incorrect advice given by the IRS over the phone.
Below is a template which has been designed to make this task easier for you. Use this format to draft a personalized IRS penalty abatement request letter to the department asking for considering your request. Don’t forget to highlight the reason along with supportive documents which led to delay or failure to pay federal taxes as there are very few reasons based on which you can get a waive-off. Follow this example….
Sample of IRS Penalty Abatement Request Letter
Penalty Abatement Coordinator
12 Brandon Building
Re: Request for Penalty Abatement
53 Park Street
25th November, 2014
To Whom it May Concern:
I am writing this letter to request an abatement of penalties in the amount of $ 5678.50 as assessed in the notice enclosed with the letter that is dated 18th November, 2014.
The reason why I failed to report income was because I was suffering from a serious medical condition. I was hospitalized for the same due to which I could not report my income. Please find the letter from my doctor, Dr. Helen Cruize attached with the letter stating the condition of my illness which prevented me from filing the papers.
I request you to kindly accept the petition for abatement of penalties owed for reasonable cause. In case of questions or need of more information, you can reach me at 123-232356. Also find the payment that covers the amount of taxes that I owe, excluding the amount of penalty enclosed with the letter.
Top File Download:
- written request to remove penalty for late filing of business taxes
- abatement letter for fraudulent activity
- abatement letter sample to irs
- il abatement request sample
- irs - asking for penalty abatement based on fairness
- irs request abatement penalty template
- reasonable cause letter sampl
- reasonable cause letters to waive tax penalties for the aged
- reasonable cause penalty slides
- request for penalty abatement letter