A directive letter is a kind of order or direction issued by some authority for the people. An authority has the power to issue directions for anything and in order to do that in a formal manner, a directive letter needs to be written. There is employee directive letter, bank directive letter etc. You can create your own such letter by following the directive letter writing tips.
In this post, we bring to you the sample letter of directives along with these tips to follow. You can use this directive letter format which can be customized as per your requirement.
How to Write a Directive Letter
Shared below are some important guidelines for writing a directive letter in a professional manner:
- Make sure that your letter is clear and does not have any doubts. All the directions should be mentioned in it clearly.
- Whatever the project the directive letter talks about, the essential details of the same should be mentioned in the letter.
- Keep the directions obvious and easy to understand. Mention where you wish to take the issue and keep it clear.
- If you need a follow up then you should include information about the same.
- Don’t forget to include the advantages related with the directive and how it is important for people for accomplishing the task.
- Always check for errors before submitting the letter.
Directive Letter Format, Example
New Age School
Ms. Samantha Brown
54, Richard Street
Dear Ms. Samantha,
On September 8th, 2022, it was brought to our notice by one of the parents that one child was sleeping in the bus after the bus arrived after the trip to the zoo. As you were the in-charge of the outing, this kind of negligence is unacceptable.
Please take this directive letter as a serious official warning in writing. You are supposed to adhere to the directives mentioned below:
- For every outing, you are responsible to count the heads every time the students board the bus and also when they alight the bus.
- While doing so, you are supposed to take attendance of all the students to make sure that all the students are present.
- This attendance ritual should take place every time when you leave the school with students, when they have boarded the bus, when they have fallen in line for entering the zoo, when the board the bus again and finally, when they alight after reaching the school; in order to make sure that all students are present at all the times.
- And in case, the numbers are not right then the school authorities need to be informed immediately.
Please submit a confirmation to this directive letter.
New Age School