Sometimes due to unavoidable circumstances, you are unable to attend the court hearing. In such a scenario, writing a formal letter to the Assessing Officer requesting him for Adjournment of Hearing is the right thing to do. Such letters are very crisp as you only need to state the reason for adjournment. The format drafted below can also be used as request letter to sales tax officer or adjournment letter to itat or letter to service tax department for extension of time. You can also use the template in case of writing application for adjournment of case or writing letter to income tax department for scrutiny. This is a formal draft for adjournment application for court and other purposes.
If you don’t know how to write an adjournment letter then here is a sample format for letter to AO requesting adjournment of hearing in a formal manner.
Sample Letter Requesting Adjournment of Hearing to Assessing Officer
The Assessing Officer
Sub: Request for adjournment in P.A. No.123 Appeal for AY 2015-16.
The case mentioned above has been fixed for hearing today vide your notice dated 30.10.16. Unfortunately, my representative, Mr. Adam Smith, Chartered Accountant, is injured in a road accident and hospitalized; therefore, he is not in a condition to attend the hearing. Hence, I request you to kindly grant an adjournment of the hearing to any date convenient to you after 20.11.16 as he will be in a state to be present for hearing.
Thanking in anticipation
Top File Download:
- request for adjournment letter sample
- request for adjournment letter
- format of request letter for granting reasonable time to income tax department
- adjournment letter format
- letter requesting adjournment
- extension letter to service tax department
- drafted adjournment letter of income tax heearing
- adjournment of hearing in gst
- seeking time to submit documents with court draft letter
- adjournment letter service tax