To write a letter for cancellation of demand draft, you need to follow some points to make your letter perfect in the sense. Here, some tips are given below, which you can go through to write your letter.
Tips to write a cancellation letter for the demand draft:
- As it is an official letter, the language of the letter should be formal and you need to draft your letter in a formal way.
- The tone of the letter should be professional and you should maintain a professional way to present your thought.
- Generally the letter is addressed to the manager of concerned bank, so you should clearly state the addressed person in your letter.
- Do not forget to add a subject of your letter and it should clearly state the purpose of your writing within a few words. Along with this, you should add the demand draft no in your subject to make your point clear to the recipient.
- In your letter, you can make a formal request to cancel your demand draft.
- You need to write your account number of the respective bank, where you want to deposit the amount of the demand draft.
- Your letter should contain the demand draft Number along with the name of the person for which the DD is made.
- Explain the reason of the cancelation of the demand draft in an explicit way in your letter.
- Do not forget to sign the letter along with mentioning your name and the account number.
- Conclude your letter in a formal way with your request to cancel the demand draft.
Here a sample of the cancellation letter for the demand draft is given to you for better understanding.
Letter for cancellation of demand draft
SUB: cancelation of Demand Draft no [DD Number]
You are requested to cancel the above mentioned Demand Draft [DD NO], which took on [date] from your bank for rupees of [amount of DD] in favor of [the person name for DD]. Due to [the reason of DD cancellation], the DD has not been used.
I would like to request you to cancel the DD and deposit the amount to my savings account no [bank account number]. If there is any charge needed, it shall be paid by the cash.