IEC Code, also known as Import Export Code is a 10 digits code that is issued by Director General of Foreign Trade. If any person who wishes to start with an export or import business in India has to have this IEC certificate to begin the trading at commercial level.
This post talks about everything you need to know about applying for import export license online.
Documents Required for IE code | Import Export Code Application
Keep the following documents ready for a hassle-free and quick application IEC Application Form, the first three being compulsory for all:
- PAN Card
- Photograph of Applicant
- Bank Certificate Copy
- Memorandum of Association
- Extract of Board Resolution
- RBI Approval Letter if the applicant is an NRI
Some more forms might be required to filled specific to your condition.
Steps for IEC Registration Online
You can very conveniently apply for IED Code for individuals or companies following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the website of Director General of Foreign Trade: http://dgft.gov.in/
- For IEC Registration online, click on “Online Application” and select IEC from the drop down menu
- Click on Online IEC Application
- Fill in your PAN details to login
- Select New IEC Application Details and fill the IEC Application Form along with uploading the documents.
- Fill in details on branch and director
- Make online payment for IEC application
Don’t forget to download, save and print the form once the procedure is complete.
Guidelines to Know IEC Application Status
To know IEC code status, here are the steps to follow:
- Keep the Ecom Ref. No. handy which is on the application print out.
- Use the Ecom Ref. No. to track the IEC Application status online. You can find this under Query Option.
Just follow these steps and you will have your 10 digit IEC Code to start your export import business with ease.
Other Related Letter Formats
Authority Letter To Send to Deputy Commissioner of Customs
Calculation of Customs Duty in Excel Format
Shipping Bill for Export of Duty Free Goods Ex-Bond PDF Format
Custom Duty Calculation in Excel Format
GST Invoice Format to Sell Goods on MRP Including Taxes
Easy GST Bill Format for Non-Taxable Goods & Services
Request Letter to Customs Officer to Release Goods